Have you ever had your eyes on Libero Mail? Check out this guide for all the details about this email provider. You’ll learn about key features, pricing information, settings, common issues, and how you can get the most out of this provider if you choose to sign up for an account.
What is Libero Mail?
Libero Mail is a free Italian email service offered by Italiaonline digital agency. It is a feature-rich service that can be accessed via a browser app or mobile app on iOS and Android. libero.it
Libero Mail supports all major browsers in their latest versions: Edge, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. You can also use it with Explorer 11, but some features may not work properly unless you disable compatibility mode.
The service offers a home page tool that allows you to customize a dashboard with the items that interest you most. libero.it These could be categories of emails, such as unread or important, or the latest news, horoscopes, and more.
Libero Mail Pricing
€30 + VAT
|Libero Drive*||10 GB||
A Brief History of the Libero Mail
Libero Mail was launched in 1999 as a free service provider with folders for incoming and outgoing emails, drafts, and junk mail. It also has a simple anti-spam filter.
In 2002, the service was improved with new features. The login page has become rich with news, events, horoscopes and other information provided by Italia online. Antivirus service and Jumbo Mail service have also been added.
In 2006, a drag-and-drop functionality was introduced, along with the ability to drag emails to a connected mailbox and drop them there. Then, the service is enhanced with features, such as i-mode compatibility, two-step authentication for the smartphone app, and Drive space.
Libero Mail offers several basic and advanced features that help you access and manage your email:
Simple email interface: It has an easy-to-use design and provides drag and drop functionality to move emails.
Multiple account support: You can manage multiple email accounts in one place and easily switch from one mailbox to another in the same tab.
Jumbomel: If you have a larger attachment, up to 2GB in size, this feature will help you send it in a single message without having to use third-party apps. You will also get notifications when the file has been viewed and downloaded.
Evaluation: Libero Mail also has a native calendar for keeping schedule, adding events, and receiving notification alerts.
Categories: Like Gmail, Libero has category tabs, so incoming mail is automatically grouped by types like offers, reservations, requests, and social.
Leader: Libero offers 2 GB or more of cloud storage space. You can add, view, edit and share files, as well as create folders and use filters.
Personal address book: This acts as a contact manager to store and group email addresses into lists.
Mobile access: Libero has apps for iOS and Android mobile devices, so you can access your emails on the go. You can also add non-Libero accounts to your mobile email app.
Libero Mail has limited features to ensure the security of your emails, such as two-step login and anti-spam algorithms. libero.it However, because the provider’s services are located in Europe, you must comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – a policy that requires transparency in the way your personal information is used.
If you enable this feature, accessing your email will require you to provide not only your password but also a code sent to your phone. This enhances security because if an unauthorized user wants to access your account, they will have to know your password and prepare your phone.
Libero Mail uses algorithms designed to protect you from spam, viruses, and phishing attempts. If any malware is detected, the system will notify you.
Where do I get Libero Mail?
You can register an account from the official website: www.libero.it. Unfortunately, the option to sign up for an account in the mobile app is not available, so you’ll need to access the web version first.
Then, you can use your account from the browser app, Android or iOS app, or by adding it to an email client.
How do you get your free mail?
The registration process is very simple and not much different from any other website. www.libero.it But you need to authorize over the phone and choose if you want to receive commercial emails from Italiaonline and its partners.
Go to liberomail.libero.it and click on the green Register button. If you don’t know Italian, Google Translate does a good job of translating the website.
The Register button will take you to the registration form. There, you need to enter your first and last name, preferred username for your email and password. To help you create a strong password, Libero Mail offers suggestions, such as adding special characters. But you can also specify a randomly generated password.
Click Next (Avante) once you’re done.
Fill in your user data
In the next step, the system asks you for your date of birth (in date / month / year format), as well as your place of residence and gender – donna (woman) or omo (man).
The checkbox at the end asks if your account is for professional needs. So check the box if you are a professional, business owner or have a VAT number.
put a password
Next, present the password recovery options and select Email Promotion Preferences.
In the second half, choose whether you agree to receive promotional emails from Italiaonline and its partners. Just a tip: it’s easier to sign up later if you become interested in what the service has to offer rather than trying to unsubscribe.
Verify your account
Finally, before you can use your new email account, you need to verify it. The system will send a code to the phone number you specified in the third step. If you don’t submit one after that, you will be asked to submit it now so you can get a verification code.
Enter the code and press Next. Then you are all set!
How do you open your Libero Mail email account?
Since the email service has Android and iOS apps, there are several ways to access your email.
From the web email client provided by Libero
Step 1: Go to login.libero.it.
Alternatively, you can go to the Italiaonline homepage and click the email button.
Step 2: Enter your username and password.
Step 3: Check the box if you want to stay in touch; If you do, you will be signed in until you press Sign Out of your account or clear cookies.
Step 4: Click Next to access your account.
From Libero Mail Mobile Apps
Step 1: Go to liberomail.libero.it.
Step 2: Click on the Mobile button in the header menu.
Step 3: Select your mobile operating system and you will be taken to the download page.
Step 4: Install the app on your phone or tablet and open it.
Step 5: At this point, you will be asked to choose an account (you can use other email services on the app, not just Libero Mail) and enter your login information.
From an email program using IMAP
Here, you will need an email client app. Let’s see how it works in the example of Mailbird.
Step 1: Go to your Mailbird app. If you don’t already have it, download and install it. It won’t take more than two minutes.
Step 2: Once in the app, go to the Mailbird menu, which opens with the hamburger icon. Then select the Accounts tab.
Step 3: Click on the Add button and you will be asked to enter the details of a new account.
Step 4: If the server settings are not found automatically, tap Edit server settings and add the following information:
- for incoming server (IMAP)
- for outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Server: smtp.libero.it (by specifying authentication request)
How to import Libero mail into another email tool?
If you simply want to switch between different email tools, you can do so easily via the target tool’s settings.
In Mailbird, you can import your Libero email account by following this simple process:
1: Go to the Accounts tab and click the Add button.
2: Instead of Continue, click Import.
3: Choose the account you want to import and enter the server settings.
Now all you have to do is wait for the import to finish and you will find your Libero Mail account in the left sidebar.
How to backup Libero mail on PC?
The easiest way to backup an email is with a POP account. POP is a protocol that downloads and stores all incoming mail on your computer. For this you will also need an email client, such as Mailbird.
Here are the steps:
- Download and install Mailbird
- Add your Libero Mail account to the app
- When configuring server settings, choose POP
- In the POP details, add the following:
- Server: popmail.libero.it
- Porta: 995
- Encryption: SSL
How do you change your email address on Libero?
Unfortunately, the option to change your username is not available on any email service. You will need to create a new account and tell everyone about it. There are several ways you can move to a new email address:
- Set up a redirect: First, you need to set up the forwarding via the settings of the account you want to redirect from. Then add the old account to the new one, also via Settings.
- Use the multi-account functionality in the Libero Mail app: You can add multiple accounts to Libero, so you can check the old address while giving the new one to your colleagues and clients.
- Use Mailbird’s unified inbox: You can add multiple accounts to your unified Mailbird inbox and view messages in the same space no matter what address they come to. You can remove the old account by simply communicating with everyone with your new address or just leave it as is.
- Move email messages between accounts in Mailbird: Mailbird has a feature that allows you to simply drag and drop selected emails between any accounts you add to the app to copy or move emails later. It’s as easy as copying or moving files between folders on your PC.
We suggest that you keep your old inbox for another purpose, such as managing subscriptions.
find the mistakes and resolve it
Problem 1: I can’t access my inbox
- Check if the password you entered is correct.
- Check if you are using a password that matches the Libero app if you are using a secure password.
- Reload the page or re-enter the mobile application and try logging in again (the service may be temporarily unavailable).
- Check your alternate email and see if you’ve requested to update your password. If you find such an email but have not already requested to update the password, please contact support immediately.
Problem 2: Libero Pretend Requests for Personal Data
- Libero Mail will never ask you for personal details by email or phone
- If you receive an email requesting access to your data
Verify who’s who – go to email details and check who’s signed and mailed (you won’t see Libero credentials there)
Do not download anything, click any links or reply to the message
- If anyone calls you and says it’s from Libero Mail, turn off the phone and block their phone number
- If you reply, download or click on something, check your computer with antivirus and immediately change your password in the personal data management area.
Problem 3: Error messages
- Error 500 (User Unknown). Check if you typed your username correctly and try logging in again.
- Error 550 (User Not Found). Check if you typed your username correctly and try logging in again. This message may appear if you typed an incorrect username or did not complete the registration process.
- Error 421 (Too many recipients). Reduce the number of recipients (overload occurs if you add more than 50 addresses).
- Error “The message was sent successfully. Warning: it could not be saved. This message means that you do not have enough free space in your email storage space, so free up some of this space or upgrade your account. So it is important to know how to save email as a pdf..
- folder error. Make sure your folder name does not exceed 60 characters before creating it or renaming an existing folder.
How to contact Libero mail support?
Libero Mail has a Help section with several articles on how to use the service, configure your account, and troubleshoot common email problems. However, if you cannot find the correct information, you can contact support via a form.
To access the form, you need:
- Log in to your email account and click the “Contact Us” button.
- Fill out the form and describe your problem or concern in as much detail as possible.
- Submit the form and if you have more questions after answering, you can ask them by replying to the email from support.
Easy, except for one thing – if you’re having trouble accessing your Libero account, according to the help section, you’ll have to create a new account to contact support.
On the other hand, you can also contact Italiaonline by phone:
- 800 011411 for non-technical matters; The number operates Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 20:00 UTC +1:00
- +39 02 2904 7001 for legal issues related to your Libero account
Tips and tricks to improve your experience with Libero Mail
Libero Mail has an intuitive design, but some of the benefits aren’t easy to spot unless you know how to use a specific feature. Here are some tips to help you discover what works best for you.
Libero Mail can automatically sort your emails into several different categories, such as primary, offers, reservations, social, etc., but not all work automatically. You can also:
- Deactivate categories if you don’t want to receive a particular type of email (just activate it again if the need arises).
- Add or remove senders from any category.
View all your attachments
You can access all of your attachments from the Attachments section which also contains filters for:
- View attachments related to inbox and sent folders separately
- View attachments by file format, such as PDF, document, image, etc.
- Preview files, download them to your computer, make copies and email them
Personalize your Libero homepage
The home page can be customized when you are logged in by adding or removing widgets. You can add a news feed, weather forecast, unread emails pane, calendar, Twitter feed, and many other tools to your main dashboard. To do that:
- Go to Settings > Tools
- Enable or disable widgets by clicking on them (enable bold)
- Delete by clicking the trash can icon
- Reconfigure some UI elements by clicking the Edit button
You can change the look of the email list by clicking on the “View” option in the upper-right corner. There are three modes to choose from:
- Normal – for a normal view of the items in your inbox
- Compact – for a simplified view in which inbox items take up less space
- Preview – For the ability to quickly preview emails without having to open them completely
How to do more with your Libero mail account?
Why limit yourself to the features provided by your email service if you can do more with the Mailbird email client?
Libero Mail allows you to add multiple accounts in the web app as tabs and switch between them in the sidebar. But Mailbird takes it even further and allows you to apply all the functionality to all accounts connected to your unified inbox.
This means that you can search for emails and attachments across all accounts without having to remember which email a piece of information was sent to. You can have a single ticket folder and keep all your work and personal codes and coupons in one place, rather than having to look at each account separately.
A unified inbox provides even more time savings.
Sure, you can use Advanced Search and check the box that says “has an attachment”, but this will only show you the list of emails with attachments.
When you access Mailbird’s Attachments app, you’ll get a gallery of all the files that have been sent to and from your email. If anything, you can find a file just by appearance. There are also filters you can use to narrow your search, such as “size” and “file name contains”.
Email snooze is a great feature that lets you focus on the important things and put off the less urgent things for later. Tomorrow, next week, or on a custom date, the snooze button will hide your emails and bring them back to the top of your inbox when you’re ready to deal with them.
Another great way you can use the snooze feature is with event and travel reminder emails. For example, if you have electronic tickets to a concert, the vendors will rarely remind you of the date. So you can snooze the email with tickets a day in advance to remind yourself.
Another great feature that can improve email management is email tracking.
Broadly speaking, you’ll want to use an email marketing tool, but if you just want to know if a colleague or potential customer has seen your email, Mailbird’s email tracking tool does just that, and more.
It lets you know if and when the recipient has opened your email. If it’s a group email, it will also show you who opened the email and who didn’t. Check this information before sending a follow-up email or getting upset about a lack of response. Until now.
Many people describe Mailbird as a work center because you can combine it with many productivity applications, such as:
- Asana: One of the best collaboration tools that helps small and medium-sized teams manage projects, track progress and meet deadlines.
- Trello: A great tool for creating personal and team Kanban boards for managing small and medium-sized projects.
- Evernote: A notebook that can do more than just store your thoughts. It also opens in the Mailbird sidebar, so you don’t have to download the office app or go to a browser tab.
- Google Drive and Dropbox: Cloud storage applications that help expand your online needs beyond the small storage capacity of an email service.
- Messengers: If you use Facebook and WhatsApp to talk to your friends, colleagues, or clients, using your phone for apps is a surefire way to prepare yourself for distraction. But not if you add it to Mailbird and access it from the sidebar.
There are more third-party integrations to choose from, as well as native apps that enhance email usage.
Libero Mail is a good free email service that provides all the necessary functionality for managing emails, as well as some unique features, such as a customizable home page and widgets.
However, if you want to enhance your email experience with features (such as unified inbox, attachment search, snooze, and email tracking), improve productivity with application integration, and expand the small storage space that the service offers with the integration of Cloud Storage Think of Mailbird as your email storage.
It’s a pretty cool deal because you can add not only your Libero Mail account, but other email providers as well to your unified inbox – dealing with them all at the same time and in the same place.